These 21 Literal Sightings Are Just Too Clever For Their Own Good
Almost everyone uses the word “literally” in the wrong context. You often hear something like, “Literally every dog I own leaves me a special present in my shoes.” People often mean “figuratively” or use “literally” as a linguistic placeholder (think um, uh, etc.).
However, these 21 sightings are actually the funniest things I”ve seen in a while. They”re a bit too clever for their own good and take words for their literal meaning.
1. Now THAT”S test answer gold.
2. “Thumb tacks.” …Oh, I get it.
4. He technically followed directions.
6. Is this REALLY necessary?
7. Say it out loud.
8. Someone has a sense of humor.
9. I (almost) hope this was my kid.
11. Where”d you get that awesome coffee pot?
12. I always thought that sign was weird.
13. Polite graffiti?
14. This Polish version of the movie is spot on.
15. At least they didn”t lie and give you two.
16. Well when you say it like that…
17. How did they know?!
18. Ale, you taste like soda.
19. Now that”s a House Salad.
20. Glad to see them staying above the fray.
21. Math homework, WIN!
Was that literally the best? Was your mind literally blown away? Do you literally want me to stop using “literally” incorrectly? Alright, I”ll actually quit while I”m ahead.